Skip to main content
Question

DOP, project connections and M40

• 19 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

It is possible to peg a started shop order with WIP to a DOP order created from a project supply request.

When doing so, the WIP is visible in the DOP cost as actual costs.

BUT

Those costs are not visible on the project.

I would expect that the WIP would be transferred to the project as used costs when the shop order is pegged to the DOP.

However, I imagine that because it is not possible to connect an activity to a shop order that is no longer planned, there is no mechanism for updating the M40 transactions with project details after they have already been created and used costs are not visible on the project until receiving the shop order.

Is this assumption correct or am I missing something?

Many thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @ArcStephA ,

It is usually possible to connect a “Started” shop order to a Project Connected DOP Order.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dinudu. ​​​​​​​

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Dinidu Udana ,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Your answer is the start to my question. We are pegging a started shop order to the DOP order. The DOP order belongs to a DOP header which is generated from a project supply request.

Why does the shop order WIP not become used costs on the project when it is pegged to the connected DOP header?

Many thanks,

Stephen

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Stephen,

As you’ve correctly mentioned in your initial question, that there is no mechanism for updating the M40 transactions with project details after they have already been created and used costs are not visible on the project until receiving the shop order.

This seems to be the current standard behavior of the application. 

regards,
Dinudu. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Dinidu Udana  - I am going to reopen this item as I have found some other issues.

As described above, connecting a started shop order to a project via DOP does not update existing postings.

This has another undesired effect, when receiving the shop order that is now connected to the project, WIP is reversed. The WIP reversal postings contain project details even if the original WIP was populated when the shop order was not connected to the project.

This is obviously a big problem - can I progress this further as it seems to be quite a fundamental issue. Unless I am missing the step of how to update the already posted shop order transactions with project info.