Question

Distribution and manufacturing postings

• 24 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello IFS Community,

I have the following error on my posting analysis screen (after running manufacturing transactions).”Value is missing or has an invalid time interval for posting type M92 control type C31 code part A in company X”. I normally find the PO line causing the issue unreceipt it, add the purchase group, change order, re-receive THEN rerun erroneous accountings - SORTS IT! This time the correction is giving me an error message too. Any other ideas? I have checked the posting control dates and parts. Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @craigp 

If your po part/no part order line has the purchase group and the group is defined in the posting control then I can think of only one thing, maybe the account connected to the group has valid to date earlier than your transaction date. 

Have you checked this?

Badge +1

Hello gumabs!

Thanks for your reply. I did check these, but to be sure have just double-checked these:

Posting control side of things.
Account code string.

I have also tried cancelling the line from the PO completely, just in case my amending the purchase group was to blame - no joy either.

Feel like I’ve made matters worse; list is getting longer with the failed corrections:

Any other ideas? 

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Typically, you would not - reverse a transaction due to an error.  You can open the PO line and add the purchase group on the no part line.  Canceling the receipt creates additional transactions that would be in error as well. 

Posting control is all about the dates.   For example, if you have a newer rule that’s in conflict. That may have an issue. 

Based on what I’ve seen, It may be the easiest solution would be to temporarily add a default value in both columns of the M92 posting control. Also make sure all M92 has been reviewed for successful set up.  Then rerun the erroneous accounting, and it it’s fixed, transfer, then remove the temporary default values.    

Best regards,