Question

Distributed Pre-Posting - GL Comm Cost Bal Analysis

• 14 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Below you’ll be able to find an example of the problem that I’m dealing with.

Line 1 of Purchase Requisition has Pre-Posting.

Line 2 of Purchase Requisition has Distributed Pre-posting

On GL Committed Cost Balance Analysis I do the following steps:

1. RMB and then “Transfer Commitments”
  2. Filter by Year and Period

The information regarding Line 1 of Purch Req is here:

But regarding Line 2 (distributed pre-posting) is not here, and after a long search I found it here:

Why this happens? This shouldn’t happen, right?

Thanks,

Joao

Environment: IFSAPPS10

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @TimJoaojS,

it seems that the code string from the pre-posting will be fetched for the first screen but not the distribution. The distribution will be identified as NON INV. NO PRE-POST. 

As a workaround you can apply the account in the pre-posting on the purchase requisition line and the remaining code string information on which the amount should be distributed in the distribution part on the purchase requisition line.

At least you will get all the amounts on an account.

May I ask you what you are doing with these information? Will you create a report out of it?

Best regards

Ben

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @BEKEDE,

But what I want is to have the Distributed Pre-Posting in the same logic as I can see the “not distributed” Pre-Posting.

Because the end user (usually all the users responsible for a Cost Cent - e.g., Department responsible), uses the page GL Commited Cost Balance Analysis to analyze the Internal/External Commitments vs Budget. And with this behavior is not possible to have the Budget correctly afected by the Distributed Pre-Posting. 

Thanks,

Joao