Solved

Disposal Posting Method Error

• 10 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello,

Hope this message finds y’all well.

I’m trying to change my Disposal Posting Method and it’s  mandatory to indicate a Voucher Type (if choose Net or Gross cost) and the only one available is the voucher type A.

If I select the voucher type A, it’s not possible to sell fixed assets.

Have anyone faced the same problem?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Zuha Samsudeen 11 January 2022, 04:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Luiz R 

In fixed asset books -- A voucher type can only be specified if the Create Accounting check box is selected. You can use the List of Values to select a voucher type belonging to function group A. (Note: If the value selected for the Disposal Posting Method field is Only Acc Depreciation, the system will only allow the voucher type to be used to post depreciation related transactions. If the value selected for the Disposal Posting Method field is Gross Cost or Net Cost the system will only allow the voucher type to be used to post depreciation related transactions and disposal related transactions . Therefore, if only one voucher type exists for function group A, do not connect that voucher type to a book with Only Acc Depreciation, Gross Cost or Net Cost disposal posting methods because this will restrict the connected voucher being used in other acquisition related Fixed Assets transactions.)

You should be able to remove the voucher type from the books -- and/or create a new voucher type with function group A that you use for disposal

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Luiz R

As the value selected for the Disposal Posting Method field is Net Cost ( or Gross Cost) the system will only allow the voucher type specified (A) to be used to post depreciation related transactions and disposal related transactions. 

Hence keeping the setup as it is, you can create a new voucher type (eg :A1) with function group A and use A1 voucher type when selling fixed assets.