Question

Depreciation Proposal Error

• 2 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello. 

When I try to create a depreciation proposal, I get the error below.  Would anyone kindly advise what this error means? Would be much appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @andrei.borromeo 

it’s hard to say something without investigation. Probably depreciation data are wrong for one or more objects. Do you know for which object system pops up this message?

BR,

Adam

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Sorry but more information would be very helpful.    For example is this the first time running dep for this company or object.  Or all was working great until X happened. 

Based on the error I’m wondering if the depreciation calendar / periods are set.  Probably best to log a case.  Based on what I read at support, A case may be best. 

It could be a particular object that’s causing the issue. Was this working last month? 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

If I remember well, I used to receive this error after importing opening balances in fixed assets and imported accumulated depreciation with date prior to depreciation start date for particular object. 

Is it your case as well?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

I am facing the same issue after  FA opening balances migration and when run the depreciation proposal for the next period.

What could be the probable reason for this?

Thanks

BR/Siva Sankar

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

Please check your import file - last depreciation date cannot be earlier than start of depreciation date (usually acquisition date, depending on the depreciation method setup it could be 1st day of acquisition month or year).