Question

depreciation proposal does not capture one object

• 10 August 2023
  • 11 replies

Badge +5

depreciation proposal does not capture one object.

I check for the basic data and all look fine and similar to other objects and this  particular object doesn't get included in dep. proposal.

and has not depreciated from the activation in 2021.

the asset is in active status.

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Please do check the Activation Date/ Value and can you post the Asset - General Tab/ Main Object/ User Base value details also

Thank You

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi Ken,

Along with the screenshots requested to upload by Ramessh, please upload a screenshot of the data entered when running the depreciation proposal?

Best Regards,

Peshala

Badge +5

Hi @Ramessh Kanna   @Peshala Gamage 

please find the below details

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Could you also please show a screenshot of the “Object balance analysis” and that of the “depreciation method” setup?

I wonder whether the depreciation method is set up to use the user-defined REPL base value, or the acquisition value. 

The Object Balance Analysis will show the current asset value and if that’s zero - it could be the reason the asset is no longer being depreciated. 

Badge +5

Hi @Ieva Rituma .

please find the attached screenshots,

in object balance analysis and depreciation method, base value is ACQ. value

and in the object base value type in user defined base value is REPL,

but this is the same setup for the other assets which are depreciated.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Do you have to enter 100% for the Factor? especially when you have provided the Method Length is Divide by Life. Thats the only mismatch I can think of (Is this the same set up for all Assets?)

Thank You

Badge +5

Hi  @Ramessh Kanna ,

it is same for the other assets as well,

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Nothing looks out of place with the asset. Sorry but could you please raise a support case? They’ll be able to log in and if necessary, investigate this through a technical investigation. 

Badge +5

Hi @Ieva Rituma .

sure, thanks for the time and effort.

Best regards,

Kanishka.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi you can try one more thing, try to add the object manually to a depreciation proposal to see if it triggers any errors.

Pamith

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@ken miles , this needs to be checked at SQL/view level.

Please check the view FA_BOOK_PER_OBJECT if both the fields ‘Estimated_Life’ and ‘Estimated_Life_Cl’ have same values in the correct format. i.e. 15y 00m in your case.

If there are any differences between these two fields or if the data is not in the correct format (just compare with other Object where depreciation is correct), the depreciation will not be calculated.