Solved

delivery overhead doesnt get posted

• 2 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi 

I been trying to active the delivery Overhead but somehow it wont work. i Setup the Purchase Part with the delivery Overhead 10% from the last purchase Price

purchase order is also created:

definition of inventory part

I have checked if there is a posting created in the Inventory Transaction history but there is no such overhead posting.

I also checked the supplier invoice posting there is no overhead posting:

then i checked the System Event for delivery Overhead setup. I cannot get the checkbox ticked since i get the error message:

then i checked the Arrival Event and this is ok:

Any Idea how i get the delivery Overhead posted?

Best Regards

Sophal

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 2 December 2022, 15:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Do you have your cost template for the purchased parts setup to include overhead?

Do you have the posting controls setup to direct the overhead charges to the correct account - either to Raw Inventory or to a separate account depending on how you are going to manage the overhead charge?

I would suspect there is something missing in one or both of those places that is stopping the posting, but without any real error, it just isn’t connected so doesn’t do anything.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Do you have your cost template for the purchased parts setup to include overhead?

Do you have the posting controls setup to direct the overhead charges to the correct account - either to Raw Inventory or to a separate account depending on how you are going to manage the overhead charge?

I would suspect there is something missing in one or both of those places that is stopping the posting, but without any real error, it just isn’t connected so doesn’t do anything.

Hi ShawnBerk

The key was the Cost Template. I had to include the Cost Element for Delivery Overhead in one of the Cost Template and then copy the modified Cost Template into cost Set 1. 

Best Regards

Sophal