Question

Deactive a customer in IFS

• 25 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi everyone.

How can deactivate a customer in IFS and get an error with entering customer no in business opportunity?

best regards, Kimia.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Once a customer number / customer ID has been assigned it cannot be reused. 

You can deactivate a customer / block it from being used by various expiration dates on the different data segments on the customer. 

The address screen has valid until dates. 

The invoice area has inactive date. 

The order sales area has an expire date. 

In short, the customer can be deactivated mostly functional area by functional area such that you can deactivate a customer yet allow existing data flows to complete. 

Even with this, it may not solve your issue.   

If the customer had not been used in IFS, meaning no orders, no invoices and similar, you may be able to delete the customer.   That would free up that customer number.   It the customer has been used, you can’t delete, and deactivation (stopping the usage of the customer) may not solve the reported error. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @kimia 

you can set here an expire date:

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi, 

Once a customer number / customer ID has been assigned it cannot be reused. 

You can deactivate a customer / block it from being used by various expiration dates on the different data segments on the customer. 

The address screen has valid until dates. 

The invoice area has inactive date. 

The order sales area has an expire date. 

In short, the customer can be deactivated mostly functional area by functional area such that you can deactivate a customer yet allow existing data flows to complete. 

Even with this, it may not solve your issue.   

If the customer had not been used in IFS, meaning no orders, no invoices and similar, you may be able to delete the customer.   That would free up that customer number.   It the customer has been used, you can’t delete, and deactivation (stopping the usage of the customer) may not solve the reported error. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

HI Thomas.

Thanks for your help.

I thought about your suggestions but actually I want not to see the intended customer in list of value on Business opportunity page when make a new Business opportunity.

Hi @kimia 

you can set here an expire date:

Hi.

I did it but it doesn’t work for my problem because after setting an expired date I can see the customer in list of value when I want to make a new business opportunity.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @kimia 

You can use below option