Question

Customer Order Lines - Invoicing

• 6 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hello

Does anyone know if it is possible to generate an invoice per customer order line i.e. a separate invoice for each order line.

We are on APPS10 and have a customer who requires this functionality.

Thanks

Alan

Alan Stewart

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi Alan,

As far as I know you cannot invoice individual lines of a customer order separately unless you have connected them to different shipments and then process Shipment invoices OR process each line separately (reserve one and invoice and then move to the next line) .

Regards

Susith

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

It would be an interesting Custom Event that monitored Customer Order Line Status for the “minimum” number (ignoring package components) changing to Invoices and then finding the “next” ‘delivered’ Customer Order Line and setting the “Invoice Blocked” column to not ticked. 
Then execute Create Customer Order Line as a background job for the now delivered line. 

The starting condition for the Customer Order Lines would be “Invoice Blocked” column ticked.

Since only one customer order line would be Delivered AND “Invoice Blocked” column not ticked you should get an invoice per line.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

You can use the Invoice Blocked check box on the Customer Order Line to restrict which lines you can create invoices for. You can create an invoice for a single line, then go back uncheck the Invoice Blocked box for the next line and create your invoice, and repeat this as many times as necessary. I think this would only work if  your order type stops after Print Delivery Note and you manually create each invoice from the Create Customer Invoice screen.