Skip to main content
Question

Customer Order Block - Cannot Change Reason

Is it not possible to change the block reason of a customer order that is currently blocked? 

In this instance, the order was blocked for being over credit limit with an advance invoice created shortly thereafter.  I would like to change the block reason to reflect that an advance invoice exists, but there is no capablitiy to do so without releasing and reblocking.  I do not want to unblock the order as this will trigger purchasing events to take place.

IFS Cloud

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi. 

Have you set the customer to consider unpaid advance / pre-payment-based invoices. 

That’s an option of the customer.  This option is intended to set the order as blocked when and advance invoice exists and has not been paid. 

Suggest you test that scenario in a test environment.  Depending on how you release the blocked orders, I believe the order will flow back to blocked.   If you choose the option such that the order will no longer be tested for credit, then that order would be released, and your fears confirmed. If you choose the other release option, then I’m fairly sure it will block again, with a revised reason. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +1

Thanks Thomas.  Yes the option on the customer level is set to block orders when advance invoices are outstanding.  Are you referring to the Relase Blocked Order functionality (instead of the Release from Credit Check)?