Question

Customer Offset approval - error message voucher type (B) is not related to function group ()

• 12 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

we have an issue with customer offset approval - our user gets this error: voucher type (B) is not related to function group ()

For example this customer offset went succesfully via all approval process as you can see below: 

However when our Credit control goes and try to approve this - they get the error message: 

We have IFS APP 9. 

Hopefully someone will be able to help. 

Thank you

Kind Regards

Kate

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @BLLKaterinaO 

On General tab, you have voucher type field. Can you use list of values and see what voucher types are available? Is voucher type B available in the LoV?

If it is available then can you navigate to voucher series per voucher type window and find voucher type B and go to detail of account year 2023. See if user group CC is added into detail of 2023 with function group B.

Hope it is clear

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi, I had a look as you mentioned and we have voucher B set up in LoV. 

Also Voucher per voucher type is there:

Any other suggestions please? 

Thank you so much for responding to me. 

Kate

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi Kate

I assume that user is connected to accounting group CC. If so, everything looks correct to me.

Can you set default type Yes for CC in user group per voucher series window. It is actually irrelevant but there might be an issue in Apps9. Worth trying different variations.

Cheers

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you, this hasn’t helped so will keep looking if I am missing some set up. Appreciate you trying to help. 

Kate

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello,

Looking at the error message I doubt if it is setup issue. I would recommend placing a support case.
For some reason system “doesn’t know” that for customer offset function group B is to be used (it displays empty function group as expected one). 

Is this first time you do  customer offset in your system? Or is if first time for this particular user?