Solved

Customer Invoice with Errors - not in balance

• 23 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

IFS 10 - using Avalara tax interface, an error returns with:

The postings balance to the net but not the tax amount.   Anyone have a resolution for clearing this error?

Best-

Christy

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 24 November 2021, 19:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi, Christy

Tax and liability postings are created automatically by the system, you are expected to provide postings only for revenue (invoice net amount). In this case we have credit note (negative invoice), so I suspect that posting lines should be reverse as well (negative M32, positive M82).

Error message says about balancing in USD (currency amount), and amount presented in the screenshot are in company currency. Is company currency USD as well? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Adam-

Thank you for the feedback.   Is there a way to cancel this invoice?   Yes, all entities are in USD.

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I asked support. These type of issues typically require data repair and a support case should be created.  So, please log a case. 

But when I look at the screen image, I am very concerned about the postings.  Per the screen print multiple posting types are hitting the Inventory control account.    If this same account is connected to M1 posting type and the client has real perpetual inventory, I don’t believe you will ever get M1 to balance with the inventory value.     That’s not a traditional / normal / common set up.   Not saying it does not work for that client, I’m just very concerned about the ability to reconcile that account (assuming this is to be M1 - perpetual inventory) with the IFS inventory values.   As someone who has been through countless audits - ensuring that M1 reconciles to perpetual inventory is always critical. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Thomas Peterson -

Thank you so much for confirming my fears.

Best-

Christy