Solved

Customer Interest Proposal

• 28 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi All,

I get below error when running a Interest Proposal.

This customer is a inactive customer who does not have a AR Balance. The Address are also set to inactive using valid to date.

I am not sure why system validates a customer who is inactive and without any AR Balance. I believe,  inactive customers without AR balance should be ignored when running the Interest Proposal.

Does any one know whether there is any way to run the Interest Proposal only for Active Customers.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 28 June 2021, 15:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @GayanD 

It seems that application does not allow you to include a customer, with an invalid document address, to an interest proposal. As per my view, application considers the document address when creating the interest proposal because the interest proposal gets printed and sent to customer.

There is an option in Customer window to make the customer inactive.

You can enter an inactive date and make the customer inactive. As a result it will not be possible to enter or create new invoices for the customer from the inactive date. However, it will be possible to make payments for existing unpaid invoices and to create new payments on account. Since customer interest proposals are related to payments (unpaid invoices), application considers customers with inactive dates when creating the interest proposals. 

If you want to create the interest proposal, you can either temporary remove or change the valid to date of the document address  as a WORKAROUND to prevent the error message. Because the error will be thrown repeatedly whenever you try to create an interest proposal as there is a customer with an inactive document address.

If not you can enter the specific customer IDs (without this customer) when creating the proposal. Or else create the interest proposal for specific customer group in which this specific customer is not included.

Hope this information will help you.

Best regards

Heshani

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

For interest purpose, even customers with zero balance in AR can be included, as the reason for interests calculation is usually payment received after invoice due date...

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,
as Adam wrote probably for customer 111732 there are invoices paid after due date and therefore you get above error message.
To solve this you can try following workaround:
1. For customer 111732 "for a moment" remove Valid To date in Address tab
2. Create Interest proposal, customer 111732 will be included in proposal
3. Go to proposal details and for customer 111732 set status to Deleted
4. Acknowledge Proposal
5. Create interest invoices
6. Now all invoices for customer 111732 will get interest status = Deleted and system will never include them again to interest proposal
7. Now you can enter Valid To date in Address tab for customer 111732
Best regards,
Adam

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks all for the help!