Question

Currency Revaluation - Reversal

• 7 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

IFS do not allow to change Revaluation Method to “Do Not Reverse” if  Revaluation Posting Method Account and Sub Code Part is not set to “Original”. What is the logic/reason  behind that? How can I  achieve the result of not reversing revaluation and posting it on separate accounts (not original)?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
I am not sure about the system design, but in principle, posting revaluation on separate account/code part makes sense only in case of ledger accounts, where revaluation in General ledger would pollute balance reconciled with subledger. And for such accounts, revaluation should have only temporary impact, as ledger operations will be continued independently. 
Is there any specific reason / business purpose to have permanent revaluation posted not on original account?

Badge +1

Hi, thanks for your comments!  Generally I agree with you, but some countries claim this is statutory requirement to present revaluation on separate account even for cash/bank transactions. So just checking if anyone experienced the same challenge.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
I am not going to argue with statutory requirements, but perhaps then you can deal with them using automatic posting rules reclassifying revaluation effect to “proper” statutory account? 

I guess there is no technical issue in removing the restriction you are noticing. Perhaps R&D team of IFS can take it as an idea. As it is we have to find another way.