Question

Currency Revaluation

• 25 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Im running my month end close in IFS and attempting the currency revlaution process. when i try to execute i get a message…

This is my AP - UK account.

Its set up the same as my AR accounts and AP - International accounts.

Im unsure what the problem is as ive nothing to compare against

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Can you share screenshot of your AP and AR accounts in Revaluation account setup?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

When you define the “Revaluation Account” the system fetches the “Used in Ledger” automatically. There are 3 values possible for this field. That is; General Ledger/Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. The basis for selecting these values is as follows.

• Accounts Payable If the defined account (as revaluation account) is connected to only accounts payable posting types the Used in Ledger is set as Accounts Payable. The considered accounts payable posting types are IP1, IP16, IP20, PP7, PP9, PP21, PP26, PP29, PP30, PP37 and PP64 (additionally PP76 has been introduced in APP8).
  • Accounts Receivable If the defined account (as revaluation account) is connected to only accounts receivable posting types the “Used in Ledger” is set as Accounts Receivable. The considered accounts receivable posting types are IP2, IP17, IP21, PP8, PP10, PP15, PP27, PP28, PP31, PP32, PP36, PP50, PP52 and PP53.
  • General Ledger The account is not connected to any of the above posting 
    types(Accounts Payable or Receivable) or connected to both accounts receivable and accounts payable posting types or connected to one of the above posting types and to another posting type (from above two options), the value is set as General Ledger.

It might be that the Used in Ledger has been set as Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable for the account 56000 since the revaluation account has been set before defining this account in all the posting controls. So the account probably applied to AP/AR types when the account was added as revaluation account, but we have since added it in other posting types what would disallow transaction level revaluations and the revaluation should then be done at balance level.

So I suggest going back to Revaluation Accounts, deleting this account and adding it back in, then the settings will be correct.