Question

Creating multiple POs

• 27 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Hello,

Does anyone know if i can create more than one PO under the same workorder using IFS? If so, how can i do this please?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

This is definitely possible. I would need some more info to give a more detailed answer though. Which version of IFS are you using, and how are you currently creating the PO from the work order? Normally any material demand from a work order would result in a purchase requisition being created, which can then be converted into a purchase order. When converting a purchase requisition into a purchase order you would be able to choose if you want to create a new PO or add to an existing PO.

Badge +1

Even if the PO is for a few different subcontractors, it is still possible for me to create it under 1 work order?

I am using version 8 of IFS, i believe and currently creating a PO by doing a purchase requisition from the work order. Ah i see, i already have an existing PO created but will need to create another PO addressed to another company so under the same work order, i would need to create another purchase requisition and convert that to a new PO?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Absolutely yes we can have multiple PO’s for a work order.     Yes you would need to create another request.  The screen may not appear overly intuitive but you can create multiple records.  

The below is an example - but you can do similar in the other screens. 

Best regards, 

Thomas