Question

Create a partial customer invoice offset

• 7 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We are using APPS 9.

Our user would like to be able to apply an earned commission on customer A’s account against customer A’s outstanding invoice. 

The invoice amount is $100.00 and we want to apply a commission of $60.00, that is owed to the same customer, resulting in a net payable from the customer of $40.00.  Note that the commission payable has not been vouchered into AP, it is sitting in another balance sheet account, so we cannot use the Netting functionality at this time.  I was hoping to use the Customer Offset process, create a WO code that we could direct to the GL account that contains the commission accrual, but it will not allow me to make a partial write off against the $100 invoice.  I would have to wait for the customer to pay the $40.00 before I could WO of the difference, and the user wants to be able to apply the commission before the customer pays the invoice. Any ideas other than using a manual or instant invoice that would credit the customers account and debit the commissions accrual account?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi, 

Have you enabled the write off for partial payment? There is a check box control in Company/Payment tab/General Tab, Allow Write-off for partial payment. Once you enable it, it should be possible to use the write-off for partial payment. 

You will be able to directly do this via Mixed Payment also.

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Eranda

Thank you for the direction on the Company record.  I checked the box and it worked as expected.

Thanks again to you and the IFS Community!

Rob