Crate a new File Template

• 8 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
  • Superhero (Customer)
  • 936 replies

Hello,

is it possible to create a new file template for other countries?

I need to create a new one for the format id “ISO20022” in IFS Apps9.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Eranda 8 October 2021, 21:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Link 

Is there any reason that you cannot use the Core template Id ?

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

We use ISO20022 in NA and have not needed a custom / local template. Many countries use the core template.  I agree with the above. 

Is there any reason you can’t use the core template? 

If you provide the country in concern, we may be able to confirm if you would have issues with the core template. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I checked your profile and it lists Germany. If that’s the country of concern, core template (per my understanding) should work for Germany. We have many clients in Germany using ISO20022. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi, 

It is not possible to create a file template as an end user without doing a modification/customization. 

Theoretically, you can configure (setup data) ISO20022 Core file template based on your bank requirement. But, the problem is some banks do not follow the original ISO20022 standard when they implement the format in their core banking system. For an example, EndToEndId is a prominent XML tag in ISO20022 CT payment in order to facilitate straight through processing of the payment. According to the UNIFI ISO 20022 standard, the standard allows 35 characters for this field. In IFS we have format the field to fetch Payment Date/Order ID/Installment ID (e.g. 2021-10-09/12344/1). IFS design is perfectly correct since the field allows 35 characters. But, for an example some payment types, HSBC only accept 15 characters for this field. This is fundamentally wrong. But, it is not easy (impossible in most cases) to change the bank system and the last resort is you have to adjust the IFS file in order to match with the bank. 

There is a way you can alter the results of Core file template (Technical term: Core transformer) without changing the standard file and there is no risk at all. But, I highly recommend to analyze the mismatches before going for a modification.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I checked your profile and it lists Germany. If that’s the country of concern, core template (per my understanding) should work for Germany. We have many clients in Germany using ISO20022. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

can I use this template (core) in Slovenia too, do you happen to know?

Thanks and kind regars

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi, 

It is not possible to create a file template as an end user without doing a modification/customization. 

Theoretically, you can configure (setup data) ISO20022 Core file template based on your bank requirement. But, the problem is some banks do not follow the original ISO20022 standard when they implement the format in their core banking system. For an example, EndToEndId is a prominent XML tag in ISO20022 CT payment in order to facilitate straight through processing of the payment. According to the UNIFI ISO 20022 standard, the standard allows 35 characters for this field. In IFS we have format the field to fetch Payment Date/Order ID/Installment ID (e.g. 2021-10-09/12344/1). IFS design is perfectly correct since the field allows 35 characters. But, for an example some payment types, HSBC only accept 15 characters for this field. This is fundamentally wrong. But, it is not easy (impossible in most cases) to change the bank system and the last resort is you have to adjust the IFS file in order to match with the bank. 

There is a way you can alter the results of Core file template (Technical term: Core transformer) without changing the standard file and there is no risk at all. But, I highly recommend to analyze the mismatches before going for a modification.

Hi Eranda,

I see. Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Link The Core file template can be used for Solvania too. But, if you notice any mismatches based on the bank you deal with, please feel free to contact me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Link 

In addition to Eranda's response, you can report your legislative requirement of the new template to IFS Support so, it will be considered in future developments.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Dhananga Jayatilake I had a chat with Izy and there were some setup issues in regulatory reporting and postal address setup. No modifications are required. I think, the file is OK now.