Question

COST POSTING ENTRIES DIFFERS FROM THE AMOUNT AUTHORIZE IN POSTING PROPOSAL

• 23 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

Has anyone encountered the issue that the amount of the cost posting tab against the line and posting info tab in the posting proposal does not match?

The total amount of the Cost posting tab generates the purchase variance amount. while the line posting info tab matched the net amount of manual supplier invoices. The purchase variance amount was deducted in General Ledger but not in the module/report of the Good Receive but not invoice.

The invoice is paidposted, and we cannot cancel and create an invoice. 

Thanks in advance! 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Dolly 

Can you share a screen shot of cost posting tab showing posting type? I am assuming that they are regular transactions created based on your inventory setup but you did not discover until now.

Thanks

Badge +2

Hi @gumabs ,

Below is for your reference. 

Line and posting info total of 10,056.96 debit amount for AP Trade receipt not invoice.

While in Cost posting Tab has a debit total of 10,228.87

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @Dolly 

I cannot see the posting type but I guess it is M19/M20 transactions. In that case price variance between PO price and invoice price is posted with additional posting. If the posting type is M273/M274, this is due to foreign currency exchange rate difference between PO and invoice. Basically, system is trying to balance PO amount to invoice amount.

Hope this helps 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @gumabs 

Yes, the posting type is M19 and M20

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello,

Check your setting for cost control. If Supplier Invoice Consideration is set to Ignore Invoice Price then system will create M19/M20 transactions. If it is transaction based then variances will be distributed to PO.

Hope this helps