Solved

Correction of applied date when inventory transaction is transferred

• 9 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello!

I’m wondering if there is any way to change applied date (31.01.2021) of inventory transaction which has already been transferred and posted as MPL voucher. I need to place the loss/profit in a different accounting period (01.2023) than it is now accordingly to applied date. 

Any tips are welcome.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by gumabs 9 March 2023, 16:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Karolina 

There is no way to change date applied. I would suggest you to reclass your balance from MPL to balance sheet account in required period with a manual voucher, and create an interim voucher from manual voucher to original period

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you @gumabs for quick response.

If you don’t mind, could you please explain what reclass your balance from MPL to balance sheet account in required period with a manual voucher is? and how and where can I do it?

I thought about using some kind of correction voucher. Isn’t it enough to use Voucher Entry and Q voucher with correction rows to reverse those MPL vouchers and create additional Q voucher to place the amounts in a proper period? I was wondering how will it cooperate with inventory balance.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

This is exactly what I mean by reclass. You can use M, Q or K. If the account is not a ledger account, then you can use M as well.

If the account you want to correct is in posting control M1 then your inventory value on GL balance will have difference with inventory value in inventory value per period.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Ok, Thank you @gumabs for your support. 

Have a good day!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You are welcome. I see you work in Gulermak. I implemented IFS finance modules for Gulermak Turkey in Ankara back in 2017

Have a good day