Question

Corporate Travel

• 13 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Has anybody worked on an integration with any corporate travel software that works with the expense reporting in IFS?

We are looking to pick a corporate travel system and would prefer it integrate with IFS.  Just wondering if anybody has already done this, who they use, and how well it integrates.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

A few of my clients had done that.   Generally, it’s pretty easy, we would simply receive either an external supplier invoice (results of the travel expense) or external voucher.   The difficulty always comes from expense reports connected to projects as IFS needs the activity sequence. You can have thousands of records and keeping the external system up to date as to the current / appropriate records. Needing to manage activities essentially in two systems is always tough.   You would have additional difficulties anytime you add new code part values in IFS for example new departments, projects, cost centers - etc. It just doubles the amount of maintenance / set up. 

I think a better option would be to use IFS travel expense.  That’s what we use internally within IFS. Requires minimal set up and training.  I like the tool.   With the cloud version the process is even easier. 

Even if I did not work for IFS that would be my recommendation. It’s far easier than an integration that you will need to create / fight with.  Furthermore, It’s a good tool. 

Best regards, 

Thomas