Solved

Connect code parts in GP10 and GP11

• 22 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

I have a query regarding currency revaluation. Below are few basic setups which are important with my question. 

Revaluation posting method has been set as Original to port with original account.

Below is the voucher is created once I run the revaluation process. Application connects Industry and Location code parts with credit entry. My requirement is to connect Industry and Location with GP11/GP10 entry as well. Is it possible?

Below are the available control types when I try to set Industry and Location code parts in posting controls. I don't think any of these options does not fit with my requirement. Any alternative way to fulfil my requirement.

Regards,

MalinG.

icon

Best answer by Furkan Zengin 22 January 2024, 08:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @TopMalinG 

Can you show the column Gain/Loss Posting Method Sub Code Parts from revaluation accounts window? If it is set to posting control and you have not defined GP10/GP11 for sub code parts then you will not have values in the voucher.

Set them to original and dont define the posting control. Then you will have sub code parts from the transaction/balance.

Hope it is clear

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @gumabs ,

Thank you for your quick response.

Kindly see the requested setup below. If I set this to Original, Gain or Loss will be posted against the original transaction account. Isn't it?

My requirement it to post Gain or Loss into different account. And connect Industry and Location code parts as well in GP10/GP11 entry. 

Regards,

MalinG.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @TopMalinG 

Gain/Loss always is posted with GP10 and GP11. Gain/Loss Posting Method Sub Code Parts column decide how to maintain code parts B to J when posting gain/loss rows.

Set that column original for the account 1305. Go to account window and find the account 7208. Change code part demands to Can for industry and location.

Cancel revaluation voucher, update vouchers to GL and calculate revaluation and post voucher. 

You should have industry and location code parts in 7208 account.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @gumabs,

It worked. Thank you for the support. 

Really appreciate it.

Regards,

MalinG.

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @TopMalinG 

I am glad that your issue is resolved.