Solved

Company templates IFS cloud create as a corrective delivery to useplace failed

• 5 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hi All,

We have exported some company templates from IFS environment 22R2 in 22.2.3 level.

The exported templates were missing end tags and i was unable to execute them from plsql. Then i have fixed them by adding end tags and ‘/’ tags. With the templates exported we have created a corrective delivery to be able to install them in customer UAT. But the corrective delivery was failed complaining a plsql error.

ORA-06550: line 19049, column 1:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "/" 

Those files were executed fine in my plsql command window and similar syntaxes to the standard templates. 

My questions are as following.

Are there issues with creating corrective deliveries for .ins files?

Why the corrective delivery got failed for the files which are correct and executable as command files in plsql?

Why the exported templates having missing tags, any bug associated with it?

Does IFS handles deploying company template .ins files into customer useplace environments on request via customer cases? (This is a new IFS customer, UAT phase,  still not live)

Has anyone got the similar issues in the importing company templates in cloud versions and how they got solved?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by malshanihm1 10 July 2023, 11:10

View original

2 replies

Badge +5

@AndyS : I was looking at your reply on and tried to create a corrective delivery but it got failed, complaining the template .ins files having errors as above for all the templates. 

Any idea how I could handle this differently without errors?

Badge +5

Corrective delivery issue got solved by adding a missing tag in to the files. In the IFS build it separates executable blocks by looking at those tags commented. 

All company template exports were missing end tags and the ones i fixed missing commented tags of  [END IFS COMPLETE BLOCK] and that was leading to fail the corrective delivery build.

END;
-- [END IFS COMPLETE BLOCK]
/

Raised a support case to IFS to fix this company template export file issue in next updates.