Question

Codestring completion versus Preposting

• 10 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Above you se the order for IFS Rules to be used for financial events i IFS. When I have a code string completion and I have allowed codestring completion to override posting control, and I also have a preposting. What is the “winner” then?

I have a problem to get the preposting to kick in when I have a codestring completion and I have allowed codestring completion to override posting control.

Thought that preposting always override...I do not really understand the logic in IFS information above with preposting both as number 2 and number 4…Do you?

Many thanks for helping me out

Lena Hermodsson

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

It would be helpful to know what pre-posting you are expecting to affect what transaction.  If this is an operational transaction See the business events in IFS.

The business events designate how a business event is affected by pre-posting.   For example, if we pre-post the Po line and review the arrival business event we see the following where pre-posting would have no effect. 

Check your related business event and then see if a pre-posting value would have an effect for that posting type.  

If not an operational transaction, then please include that information. 

Best regards

Badge +1

Posting control, pre posting and code string completion

This is regarding M93 where the preposting is allowed:

How should the parameters be set up if you want the following to happen:

If there is no pre posting of code C on purchase requisition – fetch code string completion
If there is a pre posting of code C on purchase requisition – fetch the pre posting

I have  problem understanding the logic of the below explanation in F1

How should the parameters be set up if you want the following to happen:

If there is no pre posting of code C on purchase requisition – fetch code string completion
If there is a pre posting of code C on purchase requisition – fetch the pre posting

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I do not know about the help text above, looks like there is an error or missing explanation in help text.

Purchase requisition itself does not create any postings. If you have preposting set there, it moves to the Purchase order. Purchase order preposting affects the Supplier invoice postings.

Your target:

“If there is no pre posting of code C on purchase requisition – fetch code string completion
If there is a pre posting of code C on purchase requisition – fetch the pre posting”

I do not think it can work. If you have a code string completion it should override the value from preposting. Thus, it would fetch the code string completion in both of above cases.

If you did not get code string completion to work at all - it might  be a bug. Try to make a case to the service portal.