Question

Cloud - M50 posting error

• 6 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hello,

We’re facing a case in Cloud, where our background job for rerun of erroneous Supply Chain and manufacturing postings for a particular site is ending up itself in status “error”. Following information is provided: 

We’re unable to determine, what causes the error to occur. All the inventory transaction related to issues to work task/work orders are either in status transferred or completed. For the transactions that are in status “completed” we’ve checked that corresponding combination rules are in place (combination rule consists  C54 - Work Type and C32 - Accounting Group for Inventory Part). We had a similar case for another site, which we were able to solve by adding Default Value no Details.

My questions are 1) If a work type is added to a Work Order after inventory transaction and M50 posting has been created, do the steps differentiate from EE to Cloud in order to get the posting error fixed with our posting controls? (Assumed steps: Add the work type to work order and complete the rerun of erroneous postings)
2) Any suggestions, how to investigate this further? Customers is requiring ability to locate the origin of the error and we cannot use the default value no details as workaround.

Really appreciate all the help!

• Tomi

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Steps should be the same.   Business logic from Arena and IEE should be the same.  The screen interactions clearly are different. Rerun erroneous accounting and that flow is business logic. 

I would suspect a possible bug, or maybe more likely you're not seeing the real nature of the issue.  

I can’t even count how many times something was reported, then upon closer examination what was described was not actually the same as what was found.  Sometimes it takes multiple eyes / multiple looks to see the issue.   Screen prints are always helpful. For example, a record maybe set in posting control, but the date is wrong / the transaction failed due to a date. Unless you know to look, you're not going to see the issue, 

Regards