Question

Changing the Default Display Order of 'Posting Proposal' Attachments

• 1 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi ,

In Posting Proposal, if there is one attachment with the actual invoice and another attachment with specifications, is there a way to change the order in which attachment images are displayed?

Best Regards,
Chalana

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

No, you cannot control this. Or, well, perhaps you can. What controls the order of the attachments, and thus also which file is displayed first in the image control (where you can view the invoice), is the date and time when the document was connected. In theory, if you disconnect the first document, if you don't want that one to be displayed first, and then reconnect/attach it again, the "attach date" will be more recent and more recent attachments should be displayed last. At least in pages that deal with invoices. Give it a try and see.

Badge +1

Hi @Mathias Dahl  ,

I tried disconnecting the first attachment and attaching it again in the customer environment and core environment (23R1). In the 'Posting Proposal,' sometimes it displayed the oldest attachment according to the attached date as the invoice image, but sometimes it showed the most recent one. From my attempts, it seems like a random selection.

Best Regards,
Chalana

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I checked with a colleague in Financials and they said it's the first/oldest attachment that will be shown first in the image viewer. If this is not what you see, there might be a bug and you might want to report it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @clwilk,

In Posting Proposal, Posting Proposal Analysis, Manage Supplier Invoice and Invoice to Authorize the oldest/first attachment should be shown first in both image viewer and attachment panel. That first/oldest attachment should be the invoice image. 

This seems not to be the case anymore in IFS Cloud release 22R2 and newer. If you have a customer with this problem please enter a Service Now ticket. 

Best regards, 

Linda Johansson