Question

Cancelling an over-receipt when PO is matched to supplier invoice?

• 21 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

We have a situation where a PO has been receipted for £825, which is more than the value of the invoice £819.50. Unfortunately we cannot cancel the receipt as it has been matched to the supplier invoice and paid. The only way I can think to undo is…

1. Cancel the bank reconcialition
  2. Cancel the invoice payment
  3. Cancel the supplier invoice
  4. Cancel the receipt
  5. Then re-create it all.

Is there a more efficient way?

Thanks

Bob

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, Robert,
I think there is a way to aligh PO receipt to reality without cancelling the invoice. 

You can use option of “Return for Rework” from inspection on PO receipt (you should indicate the quantity which will be subject of inspection and return).

Return for revork creates postings opposite to receipt and returned quantity can be then received once again - and negative quantity will be available for invoice matching on original receipt.

Badge +1

Thanks Adam!

We have not used the Return to Rework before - Can i just double check what screen that option is available? I cannot see it in the Receipt screen.

Thanks

Bob

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,
In my old IFS version, you should specify qty for Inspection in Receipt window, and then use “Register inspection results” context menu option.

In the window which that option opens, you can register following operations:

• return for rework (opposite to receipt, returned quantity is available for matching as negative and can be later received again)
  • return for credit (opposite to receipt, but no further receipt of this quantity is expected later - returned quantity is available for matching as negative but not for receipt)
  • scrap for credit (effects same as return for credit)
  • scrap no credit (just an issue to scrap cost, no effect on quantities available for recipt or matching)

Badge +1

Thanks Adam! This has worked perfectly :-)