Question

Business reporter error

• 1 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello Community,

I’m getting below error when trying to run a Business reporter report in Apps10 UPD12. Same report can be ordered without errors for other users as well as in other computers. BR pre-requisites.exe is installed and as far as I’m aware that’s the only prerequisite dependency for the BR reports.

Appreciate if anyone can help 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Ruchira,

I did a quick search to see if there are related cases previously reported.  This error has been occurred due to permission issues.

Can you please check if the permission granted is same as the other users? You can grant BA_USER permission set to the user and check.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MadushaDissanayake ,

Thanks for the reply. Yes Permission granted as below for this user. Server cache refreshed still same

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Ruchira ,

Order the report from the IEE using the same user and check for the error. When you run the report from IEE, it will show the correct error and then we can sort out according to the error details. Now it hides the actual error with the error message ‘ Buffer Cannot be null’

It might be that user is having a permission issue to a one of the underline information source 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Janitha Jinarajadasa ,

I tried ordering the report through IEE from the same user and it’s working without problems

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Ruchira ,

If it works correctly in IEE then it should not be an issue in the permission. Do you get any detail information in the ‘Details’ dropdown in the error message?