Question

Business event connection to posting types

• 7 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

In Posting Types per Business Event Analysis there is listed what system events trigger what posting types.
These are system defined.
There are some posting types that are not included in this list. Like PP% for example.
Where are these defined?
Kind Regards
Daniel Långsveds

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @EvrDanieL 

Business events are showing distribution and manufacturing transaction types with posting details. There is a similar approach for fixed assets. Search for Fixed Assets Posting Type window, where you can see transaction type with posting types.

You can find posting control and control types in help if you need to see .

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/22r2/DefineFinancialsBasics/PostingControl/AboutPostingControl.htm?StandAlone=true

Hope this helps

Badge +2

Thank you for your answer @gumabs 
However, my problem is this. If a Mixed Payment triggers PP45, where in the system can I see that connection?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @EvrDanieL 

I am not sure if you can see every system event with posting details. 

In the link I shared with you there is description of for each posting type. But not in the application the way you expect.

PP45 Description of use: Mixed Payment, Direct Cash Payment. When receiving a cash payment including tax, this account is used to post the tax. Cash Account is debited.

I think you are learning the events and postings automatically as much as time you spend in the app,

Hope this helps