Question

BACs File upload software

• 20 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I have just been told we are changing Bank to NatWest and will need a new facility to upload our BACs files. 

I’m assuming there is no direct upload from IFS that can be set up, so we will need to source a intermediary software that sits between IFS and NatWest.  Do any companies out there use this type of software with IFS and recommend any companies to look at?

Thanks

Trudy

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’m not super technical, I know a few things.  I believe IFS message routing rules can assist with the process.  Typically, I would pass this off to the projects technical lead from the IFS side and they would craft a solution.  I’ve played with the routing rules a few times, and based on that, believe it may work.  This functionality is found in IFS solution manager. 

We have many partners who also monitor this forum - I hope they can assist. If not ping me, and I’ll ask around. 

Cheers, and BR, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thank you for you response - I will look into it - we are used to uploading our BACs file to a Bank Portal - so may opt for a 3rd party solution - more meetings to come to understand the full requirement.

Regards

Trudy

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Trudy,

You might already have found a solution. But, if not, I can suggest two solutions since IFS Core BACS file is not formatted based on BACS Standard18. The core file only provide data elements for the 3rd party solution.

1. You can completely shift to ISO20022 based XML based payment file which is supported by most of the banks in the UK and BACS clearing channel. This is a standard solution and you just need to setup the basic data to match with the BACS requirement. 
  2. The other option is to build the requirement BACS file using External File solution. We have done this previously for few banks. But, this requires one time consulting effort, but might be worth, since you don’t need to depend on a 3rd party solution.

Happy to help if you have any questions.