Question

Back dating payments / checks / ACH

• 8 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

We’re implementing IFS 10 enterprise explore and finding we are not allowed to back date payments. We’re trying to do this through payment proposals and don’t know if there is another method we should be using or if there is a setting or configuration in the system that is preventing us from doing this. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi

Typically, in an automatic payment flow we propose a payment where the bank will make the transaction on a future date (such as tomorrow).   Even if we consider checks, we will create the check today, it will be delivered and cashed someday in the future.  For ACH, we create a payment file, assuming the earliest that will clear the bank is the next business day. That’s a traditional / normal automatic payment flow.  

If you have the need for a “one off” type payment, we would use the manual payment process where you can report any date.  For example, last week I had to wire a supplier money, and I’m recording that today but dated last week. 

You can always create a single payment check or other as of a given date.    

If you can provide a use case, I would be able to offer a best way to fulfill that use case. 

Best regards,