Solved

Back Date Material Requisition or Voucher

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I am trying to do some material requisitions for fuel usage that was used in March.  However, they got missed last week.  It does not allow me to back date the material requisition.

I can back date the due date on the line, but is still comes over in the voucher as Period 4 (April).

Is there a way to get this backdated to March or change which voucher period it applies to?

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 3 April 2023, 23:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Assuming this material requisition was to issue material, and the resulting posting was not previously sent to finance (not transferred) and the inventory was not aggregated, you can see the inventory transaction history and use the modify date applied.  The modify date applied is only available If the transaction is in a state that allows this. 

As a consultant, typically my suggestion would be create a manual voucher to accrue the expense and have that as an interim voucher, so the accrual will reverse the next month. 

For most cases, you don’t find the issue (wrong period) until after the transaction processed past the point of no return.   The manual voucher “always” works.  

See below this posting a very similar posting that includes an image from IFS Cloud. That posting is marked as solved. 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I was not aware of that functionality.  I tried the Modify Date Applied and get this error.  Any idea what drives that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The error message is referring to the below screen. 

Did you / your company run the aggregate inventory process?   If so that’s probably the reason for the error.  Assuming the aggregation has been run for March, you can’t “now” back date a transaction to March.  Your past the point where this can be done. In the below, I had run the aggregation up to period 11.  

I assume you have inventory values for that date. 

Best regards