Solved

automatic tolerance posting is not created

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Experts

I kind of struggle with the setup of the automatic tolerance posting in IFS Cloud. I have created the following purchase order with the Gross Amount of 2.039.7 euro.

and 100 EUR charges

in the supplier i set the tolerance up very hight in order to get a tolerance posting

I have setup the tolerance also in the company

Now i import the invoice through the external supplier invoice. as you can see i have modified the gross amount so the amount is higher than the purchase order:

As you can see the voucher lines are created for the purchased item and the charges. However i dont see a difference Posting

What did I forget to setup?

Best Regards

Sophal

icon

Best answer by lisvse 19 May 2022, 10:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

Please note that matching supplier invoice to the PO receipt/charges, system is balancing invoice NET amount, and not gross. It seems your invoice net amount is lower than received value. 
I am not sure if “negative” tolerance is what you expect. Usually tolerance is triggered if invoiced value/quantity is a little bit greater than received. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hello,

Please note that matching supplier invoice to the PO receipt/charges, system is balancing invoice NET amount, and not gross. It seems your invoice net amount is lower than received value. 
I am not sure if “negative” tolerance is what you expect. Usually tolerance is triggered if invoiced value/quantity is a little bit greater than received. 

Hi Adam

Actually it should also create the difference posting when the net value is lower. I also tried to redo the testing and raised the net amount to 2500 but i still get the same result. You think it is a bug? Do you think it is a bug?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It might be a bug. 
How did you do matching? I think 3 possibilities exist:
- PO reference when invoice is registered - matching is performed on save invoice entry,

- PO reference changed in Posting proposal window and saved

- Match PO receipt context menu option.
If I remember well, these 3 matching ways behave in different manner sometimes. Please check all 3, and you can raise support case if results are not same - or if tolerance postings are consequently not created. In fact, if flag “Always create tolerance posting” is enabled, I would expect tolerance triggered even if difference amount is above limit. 
You can try simpler test case, without PO charge, as well. It might be charge affecting tolerance calculations...

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, 

Tolerance should work both negative and positive! The issue here is that I can see that “Automatic Tolerance Posting Blocked” is “Yes”. This is an indication that they automatic tolerance posting could not be done. This badge is visible in Posting Information section. Please read the help text of this badge and you will get some more information. 

Automatic Tolerance Posting Blocked

This check box automatically appears selected if automatic tolerance posting is blocked for the posting proposal. Automatic tolerance posting is blocked when the value entered in the Supplier Invoice Consideration field in the Inventory Part window is Transaction Based or Periodic Weighted Average.

Best regards, 

Linda

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi, 

Tolerance should work both negative and positive! The issue here is that I can see that “Automatic Tolerance Posting Blocked” is “Yes”. This is an indication that they automatic tolerance posting could not be done. This badge is visible in Posting Information section. Please read the help text of this badge and you will get some more information. 

Automatic Tolerance Posting Blocked

This check box automatically appears selected if automatic tolerance posting is blocked for the posting proposal. Automatic tolerance posting is blocked when the value entered in the Supplier Invoice Consideration field in the Inventory Part window is Transaction Based or Periodic Weighted Average.

Best regards, 

Linda

Hi Linda

Indeed it is the Supplier invoice Consideration which impacts the tolerance posting. As soon as I changed the in the Supplier Invoice Consideration to “Ignore invoice Price”, the system autmatically creates the deviation Posting.

As a side info:

It Also depends wether you connect the charges in the purchase order, to the purchase order lines which results in creating M185 for charges. with no connection it will use M65

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

What I dont understand why it is only considered when changing the invoice consideration? is there a deeper purpose to it or a System Bug? I cannot find out nor find any helpful documentation.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi again, 

This is not a bug. It is as designed. If you need deeper information here you have to reach out to Supplier Chain since this is related to M% postings. 

One important aspect here is that if you use header or receipt level as matching level we do not include the tolerance in any matched line. We instead create a new posting line without connection to purchase order. In bug correction 60793 we stopped the tolerance posting to be created because I think when using transaction based the actual matched line needs to be updated. But when using header or receipt level we cannot know which matched line that actually should hold the tolerance and therefore we create a separate tolerance line. When using line level matching the tolerance is added to the matched part line.

Best regards,

Linda