Solved

Automatic Tax Proposal to Print 1099

• 11 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

I would like to be able to print 1099s for 2021 out of IFS. I’m testing everything to make sure it works properly. When I try to run the Automatic Tax Proposal I’m not able to do more than 2 months at a time. Has anyone had a similar problem? It freezes and aborts after 30 minutes. 

icon

Best answer by Dhananga Jayatilake 12 May 2021, 01:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello Mrosa,

In IFS Core Application for Apps 9, it is able to load an automatic tax proposal for more than two months by providing the to and until period range as required.

If you come across a scenario where the application freezes and aborts after 30 minutes, it could probably be a performance issue caused by high volume of data. You could verify this by selecting a period range where comparatively there are a smaller number of records to be included in the tax proposal.

Anyhow if required, you could contact IFS Support and raise a case to investigate further on this.

Many thanks,

Dhananga

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Marisela

To understand the issue better, could you please provide the answers to the below questions?

Have you noticed the same performance issue when creating tax proposals using other Tax Templates (except for 1099) for multiple periods?

Furthermore, are you receiving any error message when it is aborted?

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Marisela,

As per standard functionality of ‘Automatic Tax Proposals’ it is allowed to create proposals for more than 2 months time at a given time.

However, if you are facing any performance issue when proposal is created for a larger period (more than 2 months), then I advise you to raise a case with GSO Support. Because there are bugs introduced addressing this area such as Bug ID 148084. 

Hope this would be helpful.

Best Regards

Sugandi

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Marisela

To understand the issue better, could you please provide the answers to the below questions?

Have you noticed the same performance issue when creating tax proposals using other Tax Templates (except for 1099) for multiple periods?

Furthermore, are you receiving any error message when it is aborted?

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

I don’t have any other tax templates. I only have 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC and are having problems with both. I don’t get an error message, it just says it’s been aborted. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @mrosa ,

I have had a quick check on this in APP9 Core Environment. However, there’s no such issue in Core Environment. Therefore, I think it would be better to raise this issue with IFS Support, so that a detailed investigation could be performed. 

Best Regards

Sugandi 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @mrosa 

Application getting freeze is a clear indication of performance issue. Hence best next action would be reporting to IFS Support in order to further investigate the issue technically..