Question

Aurena - UK BACS file location

• 17 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

In Aurena, the BACS file is dropped on the default download location for the users browser, unlike EE where can file path can be specified. This isn’t secure or consistent. Anyone found a solution to this either in the application or using any external software to move the file maybe with a script? Thankyou.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Caroline,

This is a common behavior in Aurena for local file creation. Since, Aurena is a browser based solution, the default behavior is to download the output files to the browser default download folder. You can change your default browser download folder location via browser setting. But, it does not give a proper control for your bank file. In this case you have to enable Ask where to save each file before downloading option for your private downloads. 

I don't think there is a standard solution within IFS unless IFS deliver a specific solution at least for the business critical data files such as bank/employee payment files. 

Please note that the problem does not exist for XML based payment such as ISO200222. Because XML payments are created in Application server location define in the routing rule.

Best Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

There is a standard IFS solution in this area - the server output paths on the Payment Method per Payment Institute screen. This will output the file from the database server into a defined folder instead of from the client (either Enterprise Explorer or Aurena).

To do this requires a database directory to be created within the Oracle database.

One of the biggest advantages of this approach is the potential ability to minimize business risk by preventing users from opening and adjusting the file (the full business risk is mitigated by coupling the secure output location with a bank transmission tool such as AccessPay).

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@hjohnson 

If I remember correctly, in Financials, sever output path/Oracle directory (former utl_file_dir before Oracle 18C) is used only for the background execution of the payment order. When you manually create the order, the system always fetch the local folder in IEE and download to browser in Aurena.  

I have a little memory that, Oracle directory (former utl_file_dir) path works only for employee payment file when executing the file creation online.

Regards

Eranda

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Eranda - in IEE the trick is to leave the local directory names empty so that the server output is the only way to get the file out - for PAYLED the user is then forced to use the background option which is more secure (avoiding the tampering risk) or get an error message.

It would be ideal if the background job option on the Create Payment Order screen defaulted to checked, but in Aurena I believe that that is exactly what you can do.