Question

Aggregate Inventory Transactions per Period

• 11 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The purchase pickup date cannot be changed because the transaction has been processed with statistics.
Can we do the stats rollback? So how?
I want both fields (valuestat, partstat) shown in the picture to be unselected.

Inventory Transaction History Detail

Regards

Barış

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I am unaware of any roll back process from a user perspective.  I’ve looked, and it does not exist. 

Unfortunately, that’s a downside of running the aggregate process daily.   

In all reality - it’s not a process that IFS requires daily aggregations. That was a decision, that was made for a given reason.  Unfortunately, from a user perspective, we have no roll back.  Programmatically, I suspect it would be difficult.  

Best regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Thomas Peterson,

While doing this, we must take into account what you say. So what calculation result are these fields (valuestat, partstat) selected? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I believe I understand the question, but I may not. 

Aggregate inventory is a common process that should be run periodically.  I have small number of clients that never run it. In a few cases, I have clients that need daily reporting and have chosen to run this daily. Most commonly, my clients run this a day (or days) after month end. 

One significant benefit is that it then creates the inventory value process - used to see the inventory value at a po8int in time for example month end.  The nice part of the aggregate inventory (for inventory value) is that it can calculate what inventory value would have at month end even if the process is run later. 

For example, assume period ends on March 31.    Assume we run aggregate inventory value on April 3.  

IFS will then calculate the inventory value “as of” March 31. 

Best Regards, 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

The problem is:
Receipt was made by the warehouse on 03.04.2023 (inventory transaction history - execution date). However, the invoice was issued by the supplier in March. Since the inventory value process are run in March, the attached 2 errors are received. 
Is there any way to fix this error? Or undo inventory value process?

Regards.

Barış

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Sorry to say, but someone has run an “optional” process that has no “undo” function.  As such you cannot do the action you're trying to do.   

The best way I know to fix would be to perform the necessary Finance adjustments. Commonly a manual voucher and notes on a reconciliation. 

Go forward, maybe - do not run the aggregation daily. 

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi,

Yes, you are so right. Believe me, we deal with so much non sense!
Still, I wanted to know if there was a way.

Regards

Barış