Question

AFP ERROR

• 30 December 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

A user created a credit invoice from an old app for payment and now the invoice is stuck.  How do I correct? 

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @amin.shatat 

This AFP Error check box automatically get checked, if a posting error exists in the AFP voucher. Refer the Invoice tab of the Application for Payment window for the error text.

So can you please let me know the mentioned Error text in the AFP Error Text column in the right corner of the Invoice tab of the Application for Payment window ?

And also you can check the error through Customer Invoices with Errors window.

Best Regards,

Peshala

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

HI Pershala, 

Thank you for the quick response! That's the place I checked first but there isnt an error text. See image below. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @amin.shatat 

Mostly welcome. Well in that case did you try checking the error through the Customer Invoices with Errors window ?

Best Regards,

Peshala

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

The first picture was a RMB from the customer invoice with error window. There was also no error text. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@amin.shatat 

What was the error mentioned in the Send Error Message column of the Customer Invoice with Errors window ?

If there is no error mentioned there also, can you please try to RMB on the line and Process Invoice. That might help if there’s no error. 

Best Regards,

Peshala

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

NO error on the send error message either. I also tried processing invoice and a window pops up stating the invoice was not processed. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

NO error on the send error message either. I also tried processing invoice and a window pops up stating the invoice was not processed. 

Hi @amin.shatat 

As you have processed the invoice now again, can you kindly RMB on the line → Go to postings -> check the ‘Error’ check box and the ‘Text’ field. Is it still the same as before?

Best regards

Zuha

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @amin.shatat ,

May be you can find the exact issue from the database using the PLSQl call from the debug console.

1. Open the debug console and process the invoice again.
  2. pick the exact database call from the debug console and press ‘copy special’.
  3. paste it to the database and execute.

May be you have to add necessary calls to the same script.

Best Regards

Shehan

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @amin.shatat 

Could you please let me know the APP version and the UPD level ? As per Zuha, you should get the error text in the postings after processing again. Even after that if it is not available.  You’ll be able to find the error in code level using the suggested method by Shehan. But if it is the case and if you don’t want to touch the code level of the application, you will have to submit a support case to Financials to investigate and rectify the error.

Best Regards,

Peshala

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I am running apps 10, don't know the version but it is not the most updated version yet. There is no error message so I will go ahead and submit a case to IFS. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @amin.shatat 

This is just for your reference. APP Version is APP10 and you can check the UPD level of the application by pressing alt in any window. Then Press “Help” > select “About” > . From there you can check the UPD or Update level.

Anyway it’s better to submit a case to support since the error is not displayed. Hope you find a solution through the IFS Support soon.

Best Regards,

Peshala