Question

Advanced Customer Invoice

• 16 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hello Everyone, 

We are using Advanced Invoices and wondered if anyone else has the following scenario and knows the best way to process - What we are looking to do is offset two CUPIA's on customer's account against an AD invoice on a different order but same customer. Is this ok to do? 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Kind Regards

Paula 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Paula,

I havn’t come across a practical scenario or actually done it in the system. However, I can mention that it is something possible to do out of the customer order flow in an offset transcation. You can use customer offset window or mixed payment to offset these two CUPIAs created as a result of paying the advance invoices in two seperate customer orders.

The system effet could be that there would be no open CUPIAs to set off against the final invoices of the respetive customer orders. Therecfore, the advance will not be offset with final invoices as simpley because the PIAs are alraedy utilized.

Hope this would helpful in some way. 

Best Regards,
Chirantha.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

CUPIA’s are reserved for the application to do an automatic offset.    It is never recommended to do a manual offset of the CUPIA’s.  

You can try above in your test database -- make sure you take both orders all the way through to the final invoice with your testing -- I would anticipate an error on the final invoice as the system will not be able to do the automatic offset.  

I would instead recommend you cancel the customer payment to the AD if possible and apply it to the correct advance invoice