Skip to main content
Question

Advance Invoice setup for Polish company

• 28 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

Advance invoice  (not pre-payment based invoice) solution needs to be implemented in Polish company.

What is the optimal setup to cover Polish requirements. What transaction in Tax Ledger and how?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi

If it is about the supplier advance invoice then transactions would look like below

And once it is paid you should have following transactions

Customer has similar setup just posting type and GL accounts are changed.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Thank you Furkan,

My question was too wide. I am familiar with the Advance Invoice process, transactions and posting control in general.

I like to know what transactions are taken to tax ledger/ tax reporting and how?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Interesting question. 

The pre-payment-based invoice was developed for the Polish Market. The advanced invoice functionality (per my understanding) did not manage all the needs for Poland, that’s a primary reason why we have two different options / solutions. 

Best regards, ‘

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, Prepayment Based Invoice is for Polish market. The payment date of the prepayment must be the Tax Transaction Liability Date.

Customer would like to use Advance Invoice as a global solution in their IFS, Poland is an unwanted exception in their vision.

It is anyway possible to use  Advance Invoices in Poland (with some rules). I hope, someone has the solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hello @PetriLahtinen 

The tax transaction is created once the payment is completed against the advance invoice. PP39 is to create tax transaction from an advance and the transaction is posted to tax ledger.

Here you can see tax transaction line

Tax liability date is controlled on Tax Liability Date Control window. You can change parameters or define exception for specific tax codes.

P.S. prepayment based invoice is functionality of customer order flow. If Poland, it is common practice to receive an advance invoice with a tax code prior to complete a payment.

Hope this answers your questions