Question

additional investment for fully depreciated asset - Poland

• 29 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello Community,

I’m looking for help as I need to make additional investment for an asset and I receive bellow message:

The asset is fully depreciated  (or excluded) in 4 books from 5.

The purpose of additional investment was to increase the lifetime of the asset.

My question is: can I change the lifetime of the existent asset or do I need to create a new asset with new estimated life that comes from investment.

This question apply for Poland.

Thank you for your time.

Cosmin 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Hi Cosmin,

Additional investment should be possible for fully depreciated object at any time. In your case it seems there is a problem with configuration of one book. The net value cannot be negative. Maybe that book do not have proper Base value, it should be investigated in details.

Best Regards,

Pawel

Badge +2

Hi Pawel,

thank you for your interest.

so should I manually increase the base value with additional investment amount? if i’m doing this, is there any risk should I consider?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 

This information looks like warning and not error message… 
This might be some system issue (if book depreciation is calculated on the basis of user-defined base value, such book should not be validated at Add Investment operation).

I think it would be best to increase user-defined base values by additional investment value first (I guess this investment value is applicable to all books) an then perform add investment. 

If you are not sure, You should be able to test this action on test database first, to make sure results are as expected.