Question

Adding to a already active FA Object Through PO Receipt-apps 10

• 18 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi all,

This is the issue that was addressed in the following post. Where they have used the same active object mistakenly to add a new object through a purchase order receipt.

https://community.ifs.com/finance-financials-42/adding-to-an-fa-object-through-po-receipt-7740

They have error transactions stuck in saying ‘’you have specified an object with the wrong status.’’

As mentioned in the community post they changed the purchase group and removed the FA connected to the PO and tried to process the erroneous transactions.

The issue that they have is that these purchase orders are already matched with supplier invoices and paid posted. Hence without cancelling the payment and then canceling the supplier invoice they cannot cancel the receipts and then cancel the purchase order.

Is there a workaround for already-matched purchase orders?

Need your kind input.

Thank you 

Udanee.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I feel the best idea is still to park receipts related to FA Acquisitions (I believe we can use non-invetory PO line sonly for that purpose) on account related to construction in progress. Target FA object should be affected by supplier invoice only (as matching result is the final value of the object, considering potential price differences and currency rate impact).
In the project I am supporting now, even invoice entry is not posted directly to FA Acquisition account, we have Automatic Posting Rules doing that job - reassigning FA entries from invoices to asset acquisition account. 
This way  we can play with this APR - if for some reason invoice must be cancelled after object is activated, we can deactivate APR and process K voucher and subsequent corrections without affecting object itself.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks a lot Adam.