Solved

Adding to an FA Object Through PO Receipt

• 29 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello, I am hoping someone can assist or shed light on an issue I am struggling with:

I created an FA Object then successfully set its acquisition value ($1,000) through a PO and subsequent PO receipt. I then activated the object.

I then increased its value by $10 via a supplier invoice but with no PO. After posting the invoice, I activated this additional investment via the Add Investment - Progress window.

Now I would like to increase its value by $100, but this time via a PO receipt. So I entered a PO, assigned it the same FA Object ID, then received, ran transfers and updated the GL. However, when looking at my Distribution and Manufacturing Postings Analysis, I get this error:  “You have specified an object with wrong status.”  This suggests that the object shouldn’t be in a non Active state for the postings to go through. So I tried to deactivate the object, but get an error message: “There are active transactions that needs to be rolled back before deactivating the object.” This likely refers to the supplier invoice I entered earlier, but I do not want to roll that back.

So I am not sure of what to do. Is it possible to add to the value of an already active object that had prior transactions, via a PO receipt? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 1 April 2021, 19:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

IFS says you have to rollback before you can change the status back to Investment:

Deactivate Object

Description of process

This process is used to deactivate a fixed asset object. Deactivating an object results in making the object unavailable to be used in processes relating to fixed assets accounting.

In order to deactivate an object, no transactions should exist in the system for the object. If any transactions exist for the object, you are required to roll them back before deactivating the object.

If the object was activated in IFS Applications by using the import process, then it would be automatically deactivated when it's import transactions are rolled back. When an imported object is deactivated, its status would change from Active to Registered.

If the object to be deactivated is not an imported object, it has to be manually deactivated after rolling back all the transactions that exist for it in the system. Deactivating an object that was not imported results in a change in the object status from Active to Investment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Andrei,

Activated object can be used for further acquisitions through Manual vouchers or Manual Supplier invoices. From APP9 onwards this facility is provided. However, this is not yet supported for PO level.

That's why you get the error message.

Therefore, I can confirm that this is a limitation in core application. This is already added to the IFS Idea wall as a future enhancement. Hopefully it will be considered in future releases. 

If you want to get rid of the error you have 2 options.

1. In given PO If the acquisition account is mapped as pre-posting you can change the account to a different one. Then using a manual voucher transfer it back to the relevant asset account.
  2. If the PO lines are connected to purchase groups change the group after reopening the PO line.

after above changes re-running the erroneous distribution and manufacturing postings will fix the errors..

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.