Question

Add users to the company

• 2 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Dear experts,

Appreciate it if anyone can advise me on how to add the users to the company via a user profile? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, have you checked User Per Company window? or since you are writing about User Profile, have you checked below view?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you want to assign a employee id in a certain company then do it on this screen:

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi, have you checked User Per Company window? or since you are writing about User Profile, have you checked below view?

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura I am checking the user profile. Please refer to the below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@XitThejaG  According to my knowledge I dont think that is possible. What is your requirement, if I may ask?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You wouldn’t want users to have the ability to add themselves to other companies.  That is something that should be managed through a helpdesk, IT control, or system administrator.  The screens suggested above are the places to add them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The above entries are correct. You would not / should not (typically) consider company access via a profile.  

Company access is driven by Finance / rules (instructions) established by the Finance department. Finance may suggest when a new user is created (based on role and location) to add the user to company a or B or both. 

As a new user is created you can (just like the above postings note) identify the companies that a user may access. User may also be added to a company in the user per company screen. This is not decided by a user via a user profile. 

A user is defaulted to a given company and in Finance areas of IFS can use an option to change the working company from A to B.    From an operational user perspective, users typically work in sites meaning they create a PO in a given site or transact inventory in a given site.  None of this is controlled via a user profile. 

Hope this helps. 

Best regards, 

Thomas