Question

Activate Code Part Value

• 12 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Is it possible to activate a code part value if the system is already Live?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Can you elaborate what you mean by activate?

If you’re asking if a code part can be added after Go live, yes if you still have an available code parts. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Carlo,

Thank you for getting back to me, we have a couple of code parts that are grayed out, i am looking at ways of controlling capital spend that has been signed off to ensure that people cannot add more cost to a capital purchasing project than has been agreed and i believe there is a way of doing it using a code part so i just wanted to be sure that they can be activated before i head down that route.

thanks, 

Georgina

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I’m not sure of your IFS version but the latest one extends up to 18 Code parts

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Georgina.mitchell ,

Yes, You can enable the Code Part at any given time. You need to enable it in before using it. Go to  Define Code String window and make Code Used column to Yes. Then system will enable that code part to use.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

thank you both for you responses. 

Do either of you happen to know whether it is possible to add a control against a specific code part value to limit spend against that code part to a certain amount?

Thanks,

Georgina  

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Georgina,

Currently I don’t think IFS has that control, but I guess you’re talking about Budget limits on each code part spend. 

The only control I can think of is if this is related to Project, then you can set control spend. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Georgina.mitchell ,

I also agree with @Carlo Palma . I also not aware any standard expense limit control functionality  in IFS Application. However you should be able to use Custom event to implement a limitation, but it would be bit complex process.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi Both,

Thank you for your help, i will have a dig into the project route and see if we can get a custom even made if the standard functionality isn’t there.

Thanks,

Georgina