We are just in the testing phase of setting up ACH payments on IFS9. I pretty much have the bank file ready, but now I’m trying to automate a remittance advice to the supplier. Does anyone have any setup information on what needs to take place to make this happen?
Best answer by Eranda
There are few basic data setup.
- Supplier level
- When you go to supplier/Payment tab, you can see a drop down field, Payment Advice (This is the remittance advice creation method). Make sure that you have selected the value “At Create Order”. That means there will be a remittance advice created when you create the payment order. i.e. when you create ACH file.
- Go to AP Supplier Contact and select your supplier’s contact person via List of Value. If you have not defined the contact person details, you have to define the details in Communication Tab of the supplier. Make sure to select Output media as E-mail.
- Setting up standard Event for email generation
- If you have access to Solution Manager folder of the application navigator you can find a window call “E-mailing Events using Event Actions”. You can easily find this by typing in navigator search also. Got o the page and see whether you can find an event for Action type = Email and Perform Upon event: PDF_REPORT_CREATED. Now go to Email section and go to field TO. Set the value &PDF_PARAMTER_1 for TO field (this will make sure supplier’s AP contact will be fetched during the mail generation)
- In the same event window, there is a blue color link call “Conditions for performing this action”. Click on the link and go to PDF_PARAMTER_2 filed and set condition = UNIFORM_PAYMENT_ADVICE_REP.
- Note that you can format the mail body as you wish.
- Make sure to active the Event
- Payment format level setup
- Go to Payment Formats per company and search for the format ACH or your customized format. Right mouse button and go to Payment Formats. You will see that there is a column “Generate Payment Advice”. Make sure that it has been selected. Further, it is better to uncheck the option “Payment Advice as Single Print Job’’. So, separate print jobs will be created (for emailing purpose) for each suppliers.
Bit lengthy explanation, hope this helps.