Question

Accounts Matching - General Ledger

• 4 July 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi Team

This is with regards to Account Matching and can anyone help me out on the below two queries

1. IFS is not able to perform the account matching (on the General Ledger) on the same time the users perform the Customer Ledger or the Supplier Ledger matching. Both shall be exactly the same.  Is there any reason why those 2 are not done simultaneously ?
  2. Is there any case where the GL matching could differ from the Cust or Supp Ledger matching ? 

Best Regards

Razan

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Razan,

matching AP/AR ledger accounts can become difficult if you imagine that you might have multiple rates on an invoice and to extend the scenario have multiple payments on these rates. On top you might also have different scenarios for a matching if it comes to Invoices in currencies other than the accounting currency .

Your eqivalent to the matching of lines in these accounts is in my opinion the AP/AR open item list or the customer/supplier trial balance which shows you the open amount on the detail level that you need.

The first possibility that comes to my mind when the balances might be different  is using Q-Vouchers on these accounts.

Kind regards

Ralph

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I believe the GL account matching is best described as a reconciliation tool.   That’s very different from any matching we would do in AR or AP where we match payments to invoices (AR) or PO / Cost Matching in the supplier invoice process.  

The GL account matching can be used for many different use cases, that have nothing in common with AP and AR.  

AR and AP process is performed in the sub ledger at the invoice level.   

The GL matching process is 100% optional, allowing users to use this process in many different ways.   

By having the two functions as separate processes offer greater controls over the reconciliation process. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +3

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your detail explanation for my query.

Best Regards

Razan 

Badge +3

Hi Ralph,

Thank you very much for the explanation for my query.

Best Regards

Razan 

Badge

Hi, 

I believe the GL account matching is best described as a reconciliation tool.   That’s very different from any matching we would do in AR or AP where we match payments to invoices (AR) or PO / Cost Matching in the supplier invoice process.  

The GL account matching can be used for many different use cases, that have nothing in common with AP and AR.  

AR and AP process is performed in the sub ledger at the invoice level.   

The GL matching process is 100% optional, allowing users to use this process in many different ways.   

By having the two functions as separate processes offer greater controls over the reconciliation process. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Hello,
what transaction can I use to see only the open (unmatched) items on a standard GL account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
what transaction can I use to see only the open (unmatched) items on a standard GL account?

Hi, @Frank Himpe 

I think you should query GL voucher rows for specific account where matching id field is null.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

If that was me… I would look to the open ledger items report.  This is a time sensitive report where open invoices / similar (POA) can be reported and then values reconciled to GL.  

Badge

Thomas, I don’t see the ‘open ledger items report’ in the menu. Can you be more precise?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

See this… 

If you want to see this in a screen, you can utilize the balance history functionality. Community has details on this (I had answered a question)