Accounting periods change

• 14 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi there,

Need help on changing accounting periods and the scenario is as follows.

The current accounting period setup in year 2022 for company  EV is the  normal calendar months starting from  January and ends in December.

The proposed change in year 2022 is as follows in company EV .

Year 2022

Year 2023

X vouchers currently in period 7 and 8 of 2022 needs  to be in year 2023 in period 1 and 2 under new setup.

Question is how we can tackle the X vouchers .Here voucher number also should change if we are transferring them to 2023.

Further there is another company which also needs  same accounting period change similar to above  (Company EV) and the vouchers for period 12 of 2022 ,consists of  E vouchers only, that needs to be in period 6 of 2023 after the change.Can I know whether a data repair can be done for both X and E vouchers ?

Kindly help .Thank you.

Udanee 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Udanee

We have done similar task recently for one of our IFS customer. They had several vouchers in GL to repair. Generally, you might know that GL data repair is not recommended by IFS. But, if you have a technical team who is having a very good idea on IFS Financials side, this is a doable task.

Best Regards

Eranda 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks a lot Eranda 

Badge +14

Hi @Eranda, Can we have an idea what tables your team had to modify when you are doing this modification , please? 

Because we need to make sure we will update all related tables and I’m not much competent in Financial area.

Thank you in advance.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Eranda ,

Did you also changed E voucher in GL , other than  the X vouchers ?

Will it be too risky to update accounting period of those E vouchers ?

Thanks ,

Kind regards.

Udanee 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@MitDenukN @Udanee 

You can change the accounting period of any voucher type, but as I mentioned, it should be handled very carefully. I am sorry, I am not in a position to give a detailed repair plan, since this is a consulting assignment. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Eranda .Thanks a lot .