Hi All,

Can anybody let me know why the account type “Statistics” and “StatisticsOB””

Regards,

Malithi Pathirana.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Basically Account type  - Statistics is used for all postings that should not be presented neither in balance sheet nor in profit and loss statement.

Statistics type accounts used to record off-balance sheet items (such as bank guarantees)

These accounts do not affect the balancing of the BS, therefore it can be used to clear paralell currency differences.

E.g.  Balance sheet accounts have a mismatch of $150 (Credit balance is higher than debit) only in parallel currency. (Likely scenario for a company migrated from APP8 - APP10)

In this case we create a journal entry as follows.

Amount           Amount in Parr/Curr

Dr Asset/Liability Account                0.00                          150

Cr  Statistics Account                0.00                          -150

With this method the balances between asset and liability accounts will be tallied. Year end balances can be transferred without any issues.

Therefore we can use statistic accounts for any purpose in order to avoid double entries being posted for a Asset, Liability , cost or revenue account.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Hakeem Sulaiman

Thank you for the explanation, Could you also let me know what is the use of “StatisticsOB””?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

The difference between “Statistics” and “StatisticsOB” account type lies in accounting year end processing and is similar to difference between costs and assets account - “Statistics” is cost-like and does not have balance carried forward to next year, while “StatisticsOB”, like Assets, have closing balance carried forward.

I hope it is clear now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Adam Bereda,

Thanks a lot for the explanation.

Regards,

Malithi Pathirana.