Solved

AC2 for Tolerance Posting

• 15 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

We have set up automatic tolerance posting in our test environment, we have also set up the posting control for SP1, but we were wondering if there is a way to set up control type AC2 for this posting type. We want to be able to add a cost center to the tolerance posting, so we can easily identify when we look in the GL Rows analysis which cost center a particular entry goes too.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 17 April 2023, 20:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have set one up as an example.  If cost center is a code part, it is possible to incorporate within SP1.

Badge +2

Thank you Christy, but we are trying to set up multiple cost centers not just one. That is why I was hoping if there is another way besides doing AC1- Fixed Value or C30 - Statistic Group for Supplier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Per this SP1 posting type the only available control types are shown below.

This is fixed value and the statistic group on the supplier.   The AC2 (pre-posting) is not available. 

This is not configurable, meaning “as a user” I have no way to enable a given control type for a posting type.  - I guess the exception could be combination control types but that still only allows a combination of already allowed control types for a given posting type.  in any case that will not work for this posting type as you really only have AC1 and C30 control types. 

“I wish” I could give a different answer.  We have talked about a “wish” to have user defined control types but not today or not soon. 

Best regards

Badge +2

Thanks Tom that was very helpful!