Question

Work Steps not transferring from a Task Template when originated from a Service Quotation

• 13 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi,

I am working with a customer who will use Work Task Templates (WTT) to build the work order data within a Service Quotation.

The problem I have is that the Work Task Steps linked to the Work List line in the WTT are not transferring to the related Work Task when the Service Quotation is accepted. The Task Steps are blank. If I add the WTT to a new work order the Work Task steps are added to the Work Task as expected.

This seems like an oversight of IFS

Note: I am working on APPS 10 Update 14.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @VanGrahaL ,

This behavior is same in IFSAPP10 UPD 16 as well.

In service Quotation solution, we can quote Work Order in two different ways.

1.            Initiate a Work order inside a Service quotation

2.            Create a Work Order and prepare it and connect it to Service Quotation

Above two process are not exactly the same. All the functionalities which we have provided in WO is not provided in the SQ. It only contains mainly the Quotation related info which we need to calculate the quoted price. Based on the business scenario, you can select what is the best process to quote.

Therefore, based on your business scenario if you are more concerned on work order preparation & execution we recommend you to follow the second scenario that is to use the Prepare Work Order window to prepare the work order and then create a service quotation.

Hope the above information will help you to solve your issue.

Best Regards,

Nethmini